By Anatoly V. Zayats, Stefan Maier
This ebook, edited via of the main revered researchers in plasmonics, gives an outline of the present country in plasmonics and plasmonic-based metamaterials, with an emphasis on energetic functionalities and a watch to destiny advancements. This e-book is multifunctional, precious for rookies and scientists drawn to purposes of plasmonics and metamaterials in addition to for validated researchers during this multidisciplinary area.
Read Online or Download Active Plasmonics and Tuneable Plasmonic Metamaterials PDF
Best physics books
First, many-boson states are mentioned and boson construction- and annihilation operators are brought. The Hamilton operator of the interacting boson version is expressed when it comes to Casimir operators. the 1st designated case of this version together with electromagnetic transitions is mentioned and in comparison with experimental info.
Actual difficulties relating vibrations of elastic buildings are one of the so much interesting issues in mathematical and actual learn in addition to in functions within the engineering sciences. This publication addresses the scholar conversant in the ordinary mechanics of continua in addition to experts. The authors begin with an overview of the fundamental tools and lead the reader to investigate difficulties of present curiosity.
- Few-Body Problems in Physics ’99: Proceedings of the 1st Asian-Pacific Conference, Tokyo, Japan, August 23–28, 1999
- 66 Essays On the Past, Present & Future
- Processing of High-Temperature Superconductors at High Strain 1st edition by Mamalis, A.G., Manolakos, D. E., Szalay, A., Pantazopoulos, (2000) Hardcover
- Falling Toward Forever (Laser Books, # 10)
- Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics: Selected Papers from the International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics 2007
Additional resources for Active Plasmonics and Tuneable Plasmonic Metamaterials
46. Plum E, Fedotov VA, Kuo P, Tsai DP, Zheludev NI (2009) Towards the lasing spaser: controlling metamaterial optical response with semiconductor quantum dots. Opt. Express 17: 8548–8551. 47. Seidel J, Grafstroem S, Eng L (2005) Stimulated emission of surface plasmons at the interface between a silver ﬁlm and an optically pumped dye solution. Phys. Rev. Lett. 94: 177401. 48. Noginov MA, Zhu G, Mayy M, Ritzo BA, Noginova N, Podolskiy VA (2008) Stimulated emission of surface plasmon polaritons. Phys.
Thus this spaser can make a high gain, ∼ 10 THz bandwidth logical ampliﬁer or dynamical memory cell with excellent prospects of applications. The last but not the least regime to consider is that of the pulse pumping in the bistable spaser. 65) is created by a short pulse at t = 0 and simultaneously initial SP population Nn is created. 20). 5h. When the initial SP population exceeds the critical one of Nn = 1 (the blue, green, and red curves), the spaser responds with generating a short (duration less than 100 fs) pulse of the SP population (and the corresponding local ﬁelds) within a time 100 fs [panel (g)].
The curves are color-coded and scaled as indicated. The developed spasing in a dipole SP mode will show itself in the far ﬁeld as an anomalously narrow and intense radiation line. 4f. Note that for the system under consideration, there is a 20 meV red shift of the gain medium ﬂuorescence with respect to the SP line center. It is chosen Quantum Theory of Spaser 17 so as to illustrate the spectral walk-off of the spaser line. For 1% in the excitation rate above the threshold of the spasing [panel (d)], a broad spasing line (red color) appears comparable in intensity to the SP-enhanced spontaneous ﬂuorescence line (blue color).